Departament of English of the University of Social Sciences in Łódź invites you to the conference "Death and the Maiden: Representations of Women and Death in Literature and Culture" that will be held on 11-12 May 2017, in Łódź, Poland.
The topics which this conference seeks to explore are:
- Dying, dead, and grieving women in literature and film
- Is Death a woman or a man? Personification of death in literature, film, video games, etc.
- (Un)dead women: ghosts, apparitions, and other supernatural beings
- Death/grief and gender (e. g. Do women grieve the same as men?)
- The awareness of mortality
- Women morticians
- The aging process and its social and cultural perception
- Leading causes of death in females
- Social death and identity loss
- Violence against women
The language of the conference will be English. Papers will be allocated20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion. Abstracts of no more
than 300 words (including the title, your professional affiliation, and e-mail address) should be sent as MS Word attachment to
email@example.com by 15 January 2017. Notifications of acceptance will be sent out by 30 January 2017.
Conference participation fees:
Standard registration fee: PLN 350 / EUR 95 / GBP 80
PhD student registration fee: PLN 200 / EUR 60 / GBP 55
This fee includes conference proceedings, daytime refreshments, and conference dinner. Accommodation is not included in the conference fee.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Katarzyna Małecka
Dr Ewa Wiśniewska